I'm Proud of You!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:44 PM

A fellow pozzie who reads my blog regularly just told his partner about his HIV status. I've been advising him to tell him the truth but weeks ago, he was sacred of rejection. He was scared of the consequences of his revelation of his disease to him. He was basically not ready because he loves the guy so much and he was scared to lose him.


But today, he told him. And I'm proud of him. I'm proud of YOU!


Sometimes it really is hard to disclose something as serious as our disease. But it really helps if we know who and how strong our support system is. It really lessens the burden. It makes us not worry anymore.


It takes a lot of guts to do this when we know that there is a potential for rejection. Still, we have to do it. It is our responsibility. We need to be loved without pretensions. We need to be accepted by who we are and not by what we have.


Disclosing our disease to our partners is our responsibility. It is our obligation to tell the truth. It is relevant, to  establish a line of communication regarding HIV. It is very important to discuss, after educating ourselves, about our options.


I'm proud of YOU! For being brave, for being responsible.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund