Weight Gain with ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:43 AM
I gained 30 pounds in just 3 months of taking ARV's . I wanted this. People said I look better and a lot said I look more buff. But no matter what, I feel that I have reached beyond my upper limit so I better do something about it now.

I've read that some ARV's can increase one's appetite. In my case, it is absolutely true. I'm gaining fat more on my belly (poor abs) and I am starting to lose my cuts on my arms. My cheeks are getting fuller so people who haven't seen me for a long time tell me that I am getting fat because of the roundness of my face. I know I feel healthier now but geez, I need to look fit again. The hardest part is that the Christmas season is here and it is pretty hard to refrain from eating. No matter what, I have to be conscious of my body again. I have to.

I have read that weight gain within six months of starting anti-retroviral therapy predicts better survival and longer life expectancy in an HIV positive person. That is good to know though. My body is responding well I guess. But the problem is too much weight gain is still bad and can later lead to health problems. I should act now. I am thinking on cutting down on food and start an aggressive workout program again. Anyway, I am used to that and maybe increase the intensity some more this time. I just need to lose the fat and gain all my muscles back.

I know I can do it. It would be harder this time though because I know with the ARV's I will have a tough fight.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund