Up By 696%

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:18 AM

Yesterday, I went to RITM-ARG for my 2nd CD4 count test. I missed it two months ago because of procrastination but then last Saturday, I decided to go there. It has been 8 months since I got my initial CD4 count of 70. I told myself that no matter what the result is, I will still stay strong. There is an avid follower of my blog who I have been texting for quite sometime who will be going there too, so I told him to meet me there. I texted Ranz that in case I will be late, to please assist him. I told the new poz that everything is free (lab tests and CD4 test) since he is a first timer.

Tag drove me to Alabang and I came to RITM-ARG at around 8:45am. Good thing there were just a few patients there. Ranz saw me fast and led me to Ate Ellen. Wow. She wasn't busy at all. She told me that I am so muscular now. Well, thanks to my workouts in the gym, I said. Ate Ellen then just asked for my age and my ARV's and stamped "OHAT Package" on 3 pink slips. She told me to go to the Clinical Laboratory to get my blood drawn. Maram said hi to me but it seems like she was busy with work in the computer.Then I saw the new poz. He just got two vials of the Hepa B vaccine from the pharmacy which is free in RITM too. Wow that was fast. They got blood drawn from him already! He seemed happy to see me. I told him that all the staff there are friendly. Then left him to get my blood test done.

In the Laboratory, I waited for a minute because there was a patient inside. Then it was my turn. While sitting on the chair, I saw 3 other pozzies waiting outside.The nurse wasn't that great as I really felt the needle going in and he kept on moving it, maybe serving for my vessel. I got worried that I might get a bruise but oh well, it was free there. Then after 5 minutes, it was over. I went back to ARG. Letlet talked to me and we talked about another patient who is already blind from CMV and is needing financial support. She said that the patient can't afford the P4,000 a day of treatment. They are preparing all the required documents so we can assist them through PCSO. She told me that she will call me as soon as everything is ok. I then talked to the new poz who decided to stay til afternoon for all his lab tests. He seemed happy that everybody was friendly there. I told him to make sure to give his PhilHealth papers to Ranz. I then said goodbye to him and went inside to say goodbye to Ate Ellen and Ranz hugged me and thanked me for helping patients in RITM.

I left the clinic with a smile and headed to the lobby of the hospital and waited for Tag.

I went back to work and forgot about everything. I received a text from the new poz who was waiting in RITM and he said that there are already like 45 new patients there. Whoa! That many now!!!

Around 3:30 in the afternoon I received a text from one of the staff (well, actually it is not allowed for them to tell anybody the result of a CD4 test over text, but I somehow forced the person) in ARG and asked for my code. Then came the shock of all time. The staff texted back that its 487!!!! I was stunned. I asked him again to confirm if that is the result for my code and the staff said YES! I almost screamed at work, almost jumped for joy! I told the staff that my previous was just 70 and now it is 487!!! I was so happy that I told my coworker fast my result and she was happy too. Then, when I came home, I told Tag about it and we celebrated it with a good dinner in a restaurant.

487! I tweeted it fast. I texted all my other 4 doctors who belong to my team aside from Dr. Ditangco and everybody said it was such a great news. My twitter friends all said that it was a 696% increase from my previous count and almost all asked for tips on how I did it. I was so happy. I have angels all around me!

Life has been good to me. HIV is a challenge but for me the greatest challenge is proving to yourself that you can beat all the challenges that HIV has brought to you. It is a matter of choice, to fight back by restoring back your health and your life or give up. It really is all up to you!


                                                                   



Categories: