Issues with my Refill

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:49 AM
Hello PP,

My name is Starbucks (obviously not my real name), i'm 27, and i was diagnosed with HIV last year. I've seen improvements on my test results and now my doctor says my VL is "undetected". I have been living a normal life with my partner who is also a PLHIV.

i was given an opportunity to work abroad, specifically in Doha, however, my dilemma is how do i get ARV medicines. I will be out of the country for a 2-year contract and I don't thing my current treatment hub would be able to give me enough medicines for 2 years. i am currently with PGH-SAGIP as my treatment hub.

I hope you can give me advice and help on what to do. Thank you and more power


Love,
Starbucks



Hi Startbucks,

Thank you for your email. Congratulations on your Viral Level. By becoming undetectable you are stopping the spread of HIV. Of course, though the risk to transmit is is very miniscule, make sure to keep on using condoms and water-based lubricants when having sex. Aside from stopping the transmission to others, you are also protecting yourself from getting another strain of HIV which may cause resistance to your ARV’s.

Now, to answer your question, getting the supply for a year or two from am HIV and AIDS Treatment is a case-to-case basis. The reason for the hubs for this doing is that they want you to stay in the hub for regular monitoring (every 6 months) as part of their protocol and they want you to continue being enrolled in PhilHealth which they need to file every quarter.

With these in mind, you have no option but to come back as required by your hub to get your refill. I know that this is a dilemma but your priority is your health and you don’t want to compromise your being undetectable now because of this.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


*** If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Darwin Tenoria, the TRR Executive Director and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counsellors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.








"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 


Labels:
HIV/AIDS, HIV in the Philippines, HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV Pinoy, Pinoy HIV, HIV Philippines stories


Search Description:

HIV/AIDS, HIV in the Philippines, HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV Pinoy, Pinoy HIV, HIV Philippines stories