A Letter of Hope, Courage and Love

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:13 AM

This is the letter sent to me by the sister of "Johannes" who I had been corresponding lately.

"In behalf of my family, I would like to THANK EVERYONE who has prayed for my brother "Johannes".
            
We didn't know of his condition not until the time that he was so ill and thus doctors suspected him to be afflicted with the disease. True enough, he was. It was initially shocking for us, especially to me who had always been so close to him. I asked God why we will be given such great challenge. I asked myself  "bakit hindi cancer na lang? at least there is a cure?" Why us? We have always been good, we haven't hurt somebody? My parents only wished the best for us. Why will they be given such a problem? I had depression for a while, got angry with God. Where he was? AND THE ANSWER FROM LOVING FRIENDS WAS "THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING"  But I knew I had to be strong for him and for the family as well. 
When he was first hospitalized a month ago, the progression of the OI's had been so overwhelming that even if it was so difficult to accept, I had to accept that we were going to lose to him. But when I was ready, he was given another chance at life. The infection has affected him again this time. And complications had been worse than before making him stuporous and having deformities. I stopped hoping that he would ever make it to the ARVs. Because for as long as the infection hasn't subsided he can't be given the HIV medications. But with my persistence, I tried searching the net. Luckily finding Jake, Cebu Plus and Pozziepinoy who has been supportive, generous, accommodating, etc. etc...( I have all praises for you) who also paved the way to meeting Dr. Ditangco..

I knew you felt how hopeless I was yesterday. When I was making myself calm because I knew he was having that infection again with the recurrence of the fever. And the disappointment I had when told that the ARV administration has been postponed. I was after time. I was afraid that management will be late. I was touched with the prayer you had. and the response of your readers. 

Call it a miracle! But indeed it was. He was afebrile today which lead to the good IM doctor to give a signal to the hub doctor. Afebrile, ARVs, possible discharge, no more IVs! what more can I say? YOUR PRAYERS HELPED A LOT!!!!

We love Johannes very much.  We haven't left him even a second. Even if we were crying in private, we don't want him to see that his condition is affecting us emotionally. Even if I have been hopeless, I see to it that  I am always giving him hope and my parents as well. We have accepted our fate. Maybe we have a different path to pursue. And I promise that we will advocate for others so that they will not go through the difficulties that we have experienced. 

THANK YOU!!!! 

At least we know that we are not alone in prayers..."


*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Tags: HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV/AIDS Manila, HIV/AIDS Philippines