Email 176: Where to Get Treatment?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:30 AM


Hi Pozziepinoy,

I'm Zared (female, not my real name). I just needed some assistance. A special friend of mine just tested positive. He's a nurse and so am I. We're supposedly leaving for job overseas. Where should we start with his management? We're from Manila.

Thanks.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Zared.

Thanks for your email. 

With regards to your friend, even though he tested positive, tell him that I am proud of him. Being responsible to one's health by taking the HIV Test is a test of courage and his example should be followed by others.

Now with regards to your question as to where he should get his HIV treatment, here are my recommendations.

Since he is from Manila, he can go to one of the three government HIV/AIDS Treatment Hubs.

1. San Lazaro Hospital in Sta. Cruz, Manila
2. PGH-SAGIP in Taft Avenue, Manila
3. RITM-ARG in Muntinlupa, Alabang

These three provide HIV/AIDS Treatment services like HIV consultation, ARV Treatment, Laboratory Tests, etc. The consultations and ARV's are free but the laboratory tests (CD4 and VL) maybe free or may be with a fee depending on which hub he wants to go to. He can call the hub's number so he can chose what he thinks will work best for him. The numbers of the hubs are in my TAB button at the top part of my blog.

The most important factor in choosing the treatment hub is the accessibility to him so in case there are problems, he can seek consult with his doctor fast.

If he is financially capable, he can also go get his treatment in:

1. Makati Medical Center
2. The Medical Center (TMC-IREACT)

In these private hospitals, he can get the same services but of course everything has has fee attached to the services. The ARV's are still free but they come with a handling fee.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Google Image