Email 109: "My Experience in RITM-Satellite Clinic"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:37 PM


This email talks about a personal experience in RITM Satellite Clinic:

"I engaged myself very much with unprotected sex since college years, that is, roughly 5 years of making myself sexually satisfied and took for granted the possibility of getting infected.  I had minimal sexual partners but countless sexual encounters with them and never thought of using condom on every occasion and never thought of their past sexual experiences.


One day, I came across with your blog I don’t know why and how. I have read your stories, pertinent information about HIV, testing and treatment hubs and even received emails and your responses to those.

I decided to have the HIV test just to be sure of my status. I wanted to go through the test to kill all my worries since I easily get sick and had sort of symptoms of HIV. The next day, I went straight to Leon Guinto and looked for RITM Satellite Clinic and found easily. I entered the clinic and immediately looked for Lean. He’s my contact person in RITM. He immediately approached me and discussed some matters. He’s very accommodating and helpful. I had my pre counselling with one of the agent volunteers who are very knowledgeable about infectious diseases.

 I had nurses Izza and Cai to extract my blood sample. Well, my veins were not showing up so we took some time for that. As a normal procedure, I have to wait for two hours for the result. I went to the mall just to kill the time and went back after I received a text regarding the result.

I AM NON REACTIVE with HIV despite all my unprotected experiences, Pozzie. I almost cried in front of the staff and yet very thankful. I am also negative with HEPA B test but one test turned out positive, I AM POSITIVE with SYPHILIS, pozzie. It made me feel unhappy but Lean told me that I should be thankful somehow because it’s curable unlike HIV. Well, he got a point. I had my first shot of vaccine for my syphilis on that very same day and will have the 2 remaining in 1 week interval.  Pain was sort of a muscle cramps, heavy feeling on the injected area but tolerable.

The following day, I went again to RITM SC to see Dr. Lala to consult another concern. Lean and the agent volunteer told me to do so.  Good thing it was just about natural irregularities and should not worry about it. Dr. Lala advised me to have the HPV vaccination and I agreed immediately. I had my first shot today. My 2nd will be on January and 3rd shot on May. It’s more about added protection and to feel comfortable.

I also want to express how thankful I am to all the staff of RITM SC to Medtech Lean, Nurses Cai and Izza, Doctor Lala and to the agent volunteer. I love to see them again. 

And to you Pozzie, you’re a very nice and intelligent person. You still manage to help other and share your life through blog entries. You also encourage people to take the test, just like what you did to me.

Thanks pozzie! Godbless"


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: