Email 119: On EBV and CMV Tests

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:25 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

I am particularly interested to know/confirm if I have EBV or CMV since it was mononucleosis that convinced me to take the HIV test. Do we have the EBV/CMV lab tests in RITM? These are available in St. Luke's and UST Hospital but of course, you know my concern.


And also, if ever I found out (and have done other tests as well) what should I do next?

Thanks!
XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. 

EBV and CMV tests are not done in RITM. I called Maram and she said they refer their patients to PGH for the tests. However, you can go to the hospital that you mentioned or in Asian Hospital in Alabang. However, the cost of the tests is P3,000 in Alabang. So if you want to have a cheaper test, your best choice is to go to PGH.

First is go to RITM-ARG and get a prescription and a referral and the staff will advice you on where to go and where to look for. If your result turns out positive, go back to RITM-ARG and they will advice you on what to do next.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by eHow.com