Email 428: Negative Yet Still Doubtful

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:40 PM
Hi Pinoy,

I'm not from the Philippines, I'm from Vietnam but please answer me I don't know where to go now.
I wanna ask you about my tests. I had unprotected with a prostitute 5 years ago.
I had my first test after 13 months post, and it came back negative and followed up by few more tests. All negative using rapid test Alere determine hiv1/2.

But since 2011 till now, I'm experiencing alot symptoms. I have no other risk activities. 

I get tested few more times using better methods
2013: Serodia hiv 1/2 - negative
2013: Axsym meia ab/ag hiv 1/2 - negative

The questions is:
Do i still need to test for hiv by taking better method?
Have you ever seen someone has hiv but tested negative after many years post risk?


Thanks, hope I get my answers soon

yoyo


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi yoyo.

Thank you for your email.

Since all your test results turn out negative, years after your possible exposure, then you are safe. You don't need to get retested anymore. HIV antibodies are formed within 3 months post exposure and since nothing has been detected in your blood, then I assure you that you are safe.

With regards to whatever you are feeling and experiencing, it could be anything not related to HIV. If I were you, just get a consultation with a doctor to know whats wrong with you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: