I Need Help!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:11 AM
Hello,

I emailed you guys because I have a huge problem. 

I just tested positive of HIV just 3 days ago. I am currently in a tourist visa here in Oman.My purpose going here is to look for jobs and fortunately i got one. So i took my medical and there i got to discovered that i am hiv positive. I am a fresh married guy last May 6,2016 and on the same day we did love makings. I don't know the details of my HIV because the hospital here in Oman send it to their Ministry of Health for confirmation so i need to wait 10 days for that and i can't wait for it anymore because my visa will expire on june 28, 2016. 


I am planning to go back to the Philippines because i need to talk to my wife and i am very afraid, so afraid  because she might be positive as well.I need to talk to her. ill be going back to the Philippines on june 27, 2016. I will never be employed here for sure but my main purpose of going back there is to tell my wife and so that both of us can do the HIV test. I would like to ask help if possible someone can meet me up when i arrive there in the philippines. someone i can talk to before talking to my wife some encouragement or if possible can help me talk to my wife about my problem. help me explain to her that we can still live a normal life together because i am not worried about myself i deserve this and this is the price i have to pay for all my sins but my wife don't deserve this at all. I accepted the fate already but what worries me so much is my wife just the thought of her having HIV is making me so weak.I have been crying all day for the past 3 days nit because i have hiv but because of my wife. 

Please help me please...i need you your help right now. I would like to ask as well if there will be payments so that i can prepare because im really broke right now i went here to look for a job but then this happened to me. Please help me i don't know what to do im so depressed. I am from Bacolod City.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading the blog.

It is wise to come back and talk to your wife about your HIV status. First, she has the right to know. Second, she needs to get herself tested too for her own health and the health of your future children. Third, honesty is very important to any relationship.

It is really heartbreaking to know that one is HIV positive, but most especially if you have a partner who may have been infected because of your status. But it is really better to accept your status fast, talk to your partner and start to think of the next steps to do.

Let me tell you the process here.

First, you need to go to any of the HIV testing centers here in the Philippines. You said that you are from Bacolod, so you may opt to go to Corazon Locsin Hospital and get the test there. Once confirmed that you are HIV positive, you will undergo different baseline tests to check your health status, especially the state of your immune system. the level of your CD4 will be checked and if below 500, will be recommended to take the antiretroviral medicines to manage your HIV.

You said that you are worried about the finances as you are broke. When you get back to the country and if you choose to enroll in Corazon Locsin, check if all the lab tests are free. One hundred percent the ARV's and the consultation fee are free. However, some hubs will ask you to pay for the laboratory tests. The cost ranges from P5,000 to P15,000 depending if the hub is government or a private hospital. 

Nevertheless, you need to have these done for yourself and your wife. Management of HIV is for life right now, as there is no cure and you need to come back to the hub every 3 months to get a refill of your free ARV's and every 6 months for a re-test of your health status.

I wish you well and I know you can do it. Brave up and face the challenges ahead and everything will be ok.



QUESTIONS ABOUT HIV AND AIDS?
WANT TO GET TESTED?
CALL US!

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


0915-427-3407
0917-943-5106
0919-435-8860
0995-199-1403
0928-908-6288
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Darwin Tenoria, the TRR Executive Director and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: