On Working Abroad

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:29 AM

Good Day Pozziepinoy

I just read a post few years back regarding working abroad. I was diagnosed early this year and on my ARV. I just want to know how do I start seeking for a job abroad and where I can go to seek help especially with this kind of condition I have. I know somewhere there is still hope.

Thank you very much

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thanks for your email.

First of all I am happy that you are on your ARV treatment. I do hope that you are very adherent to it. Missing doses even though we have been taking them for a long time can still make the HIV resistant to our medicines so always pay attention to your medicine intake and ARV refills.

Now going back to your concern, most countries are very accepting of people living with HIV. You can apply anywhere and even disclose your HIV status to your employer with our compromising your employment. However, there are some countries that still discriminate PLHIV. These are the muslim countries and even Singapore. So if I were you, try to avoid these countries.

Like most overseas Filipino Workers, you may check online or at the POEA offices for openings. You may also directly communicate with people who you may know that can offer you a job outside the country. After that you may go through the process like how OFW's do it. I am in no position to give you advice on that process though. But from what I know, part of the medical examination is the HIV test which is required by other countries. This is by no means discriminatory but just a part of the health examination. 

Having HIV is not an obstacle to employment anymore. Except for those regions or countries that I mentioned as influenced by their religion, one can apply anywhere and have a job of his or her dreams. People living with HIV can have meaningful life and still become productive members of society as long as one continues to be adherent to his or her ARV's and learn to protect oneself by focusing on his or her health.

I do hope that I was able to answer your question or concern. Please feel free to email em again if you have other concerns.

Thanks and good luck.



Need assistance?
Want to take the FREE HIV Screening?
Want to talk to someone?
Looking for a support group?
Want to volunteer?

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


02-656-7297
0917-908-1546
                    

TRR CARE OFFICE

OPEN DAILY

Address:
Unit 401 Lumiere Suites
#21 General Capinpin St.
Barangay San Antonio,
Ortigas Center, Pasig

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Katherine Pierce, Bi Santo, Danica Oliveros and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.


"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012