Do I Have Hope?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:27 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I am XXX, 20 years old and I have HIV. I was diagnosed two months ago, with CD4 of 34. The doctor said I have AIDS. I had CMV Retinis and my symptoms are the floaters in my vision. I am on valgancyclovir now, TB meds, azithromycin and cotrimoxazole. I am on LTE also.

My question is this. Do you think I will survive? Have you met someone who had to save condition as me. My parents who are in the province still don't know about my situation. Only my boyfriend knows.

I do hope that you can enlighten me as everyday, as I take my medicines, I feel that I am losing hope.

Thanks po.

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

First of all, thank you for reading the blog and for your email. If you have time, please read the previous posts as you will learn a lot from the email senders and my responses to them.  

Having HIV is a personal struggle. I understand why you haven't told anyone yet except your partner. It comes with your acceptance of it and really, it will take take time. What is important is that you are on your HIV treatment now and you are managing your opportunistic infections. Just believe in your doctor, and religiously take your medicines, especially your ARV's. Soon you will be as normal as before and you can trust me on that.
Take in the responsibility of being healthy once again and everything else will follow.

I know it is hard to take all those medicines at the same time. But you can save your eyesight and your life by being adherent to your medicines. Make sure not to miss any of them. Understand that every time you swallow a pill, a day is added to your life. 

I have encountered a lot of people with HIV who are on AIDS stage already. Believe me when I say that majority are living their lives productively now. They just followed what the doctor told them to do and what to take. They know your medical history so they are the best people to trust. 

Having HIV is not a death sentence anymore. The medicines that you are taking are life saving. You can live the rest of your life, and can still reach your dreams. Just make sure that you are on time in taking your ARV's. Don't allow to miss any of your doses. HIV can fight back if you are not focusing on your responsibility to your self. Thus it is imperative that you make it a habit to take your ARV's. At first it would be hard, but later on its like just going to school or work on time that you don't forget about it. Make it a part of your life through consistency. 

XXX, you will be fine. Believe me. We have handled thousands of Filipinos with HIV and they are doing great. Just remember to take your ARV's on time, and consult your doctor all the time if you are feeling anything. Health is your priority first, then you live your life.

I hope that I was able to answer your concerns. Please feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

POZZIEPINOY



Need assistance?
Want to take the FREE HIV Screening?
Want to talk to someone?
Looking for a support group?
Want to volunteer?

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


02-656-7297
0917-908-1546
                    

TRR CARE OFFICE

OPEN DAILY

Address:
Unit 401 Lumiere Suites
#21 General Capinpin St.
Barangay San Antonio,
Ortigas Center, Pasig

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Katherine Pierce, Bi Santo, Danica Oliveros and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.


"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012