Seven Strong

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:17 PM
I am Pozziepinoy. I am 7 years now living with HIV. Undetectable viral load with CD4 between 700 to 800. Still on lamivudine, tenofovir and efavirenz. And I m doing great!

September 1 is my anniversary. I was diagnosed at exactly that date. This blog started on September 1 and the rest is history. 

Since 2011, a lot had happened. From the typical hysteria and confusion to stability of my health. I guess everybody experiences that especially if one encounters an incurable disease. However, fighting is the best option. You live with it and live your live to the fullest. You continue reaching your dreams despite having HIV. I can say, I overcame all the obstacles with regards to my personal health. Of course it was hard at first, but everything will come into place as time passes by. It really did. 

Having HIV opened new doors... and bigger windows. The advocacy started. There was a redirection of focus. I helped others. I did my personal advocacy. I founded Project Red Ribbon which to now is one of the known Foundations in the Philippines. The struggle became a commitment. The advocacy paved the way for more opportunities.. opportunities to help others, to understand the Philippine HIV situation, to partner with those who are willing to help reverse the epidemic.

In my new life, I met a lot of people.. doctors, advocates, volunteers, people living with HIV. I met a lot of service oriented people, and I have seen how other HIV organizations operate. What is important is everybody do their thing to help the National HIV Program, despite some issues, here and there. To me, it is imperative that me and the Foundation provide the service that evolved from my advocacy.

I can't say that since 2011, there had been impactful programs but I believe we are in the right direction. Slow-paced it may seem, but what is important is that we are all moving. 

The struggle continues, and while I am #7strong, I want to stay strong for those who are weakened by the societies' continued stigma and discrimination. I will continue to fight for the oppressed so that their rights will be protected. I will use my voice for those who can't speak for themselves against the tyranny of society. I will act for those who can't so that every human being, every Filipino with HIV can move freely, can dream freely and can live the way they want to live.



Need assistance?
Want to take the FREE HIV Screening?
Want to talk to someone?
Looking for a support group?
Want to volunteer?

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


02-656-7297
0917-908-1546
                    

TRR CARE OFFICE

OPEN DAILY

Address:
Unit 401 Lumiere Suites
#21 General Capinpin St.
Barangay San Antonio,
Ortigas Center, Pasig

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Katherine Pierce, Bi Santo, Danica Oliveros and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.


"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012