Moving to the Philippines

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:00 AM
Hello.

I am from the UK and will go to live in Cagaya De Oro next year and would like to know if I can get the meds that I am currently on. I take Atripla which works well for me and I want to carry on with it so is it possible to buy it in the Philippines and if so where and at what cost please.

I hope you can help me with this.

Best regards

Peter


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Peter.

Thank you for your email. 

The antiretrovirals (ARV) are provided for free for people living with HIV here in the Philippines and can't be bought in local pharmacies. These medicines are donated by the Global Fund and coursed through the Department of Health. Filipinos and those with certificates of residency can avail of the ARV as long as they are enrolled in the HIV and AIDS treatment hubs in the country.

Atripla is not available here though, but we have the counterpart, the one pill lamivudine, tenofovir and efavirenz. If you are going to live in CDO, there is an HIV and AIDS Treatment Hub there and all you have to do is to enrol in the hub by presenting your certificate of residency. However, as required by the Department of Health, you need to retake your HIV test and undergo the baseline tests required by the hub to be enrolled. The hub will accept all other lab tests done as long as they are less than two weeks from the time of enrollment.

I wish you the best and may you enjoy the Philippines. If you have other concerns, please do call our Hotline Numbers below:

0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add me, Pozzie Pinoy and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to when you move in the country.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: