Worried About Infecting Mom

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:13 AM
Hi Pozzie, 

I'm worried that my mother might get HIV from touching my infected blood. Few months ago, I had a little wound on my left arm due to severe scratching. My mom saw my blood dripping, she intended to wipe it with her finger and I moved away but I knew she managed to touched my blood, she was so careless. I told her never to do that again coz it's very risky. She doesn't have cuts or open wounds on her finger but still it made me worry so much. Several months after that incident, I become very anxious and paranoid everytime my mom gets sick...Fever, muscle pains, headaches and had mouth sores once. I told her that I worry bout it though I knew that she really has weak immune system ever since and she said that she's always like that whenever she overworks and gets so much stress and over-fatigue. 

I even check her skin from time to time for rashes whenever I see her scratching.
Can she possibly gets HIV from touching my blood? Please help. Thanks.

XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank yu for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with me and my readers.

Sometimes we become too paranoid because of our virus. Empowerment thus is very important so that we are fully equipped with all the knowledge that we need to protect ourselves and others.

In your case, looking at the scenario, there is definitely no risk of transmission as long as your mom had no open wounds or cuts when dealing with your blood, which you had already stated. Everyone gets sick once in a while so just believe what she says and just let it go. If you are still paranoid about it, you may want to ask your mom to get tested to calm down your nerves and put everything to rest.

I do hope that everything turns out good. If you have other concerns, please do call our Hotline Numbers below:

0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add me, Pozzie Pinoy and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: