Is the 2 Month-Window Period Enough?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:17 PM
Mr. Pozzie. I hope you don't mind if I ask. Is a 2-months window period non-reactive result may give me at least 70% assurance that I do not have HIV? Or in your own opinion how many percent of assurance does this 2-months Test prove? Cause as I've red in your older statements. Rapid test right now are all in 4th Generation and can detect even a minimal amount of antibodies even if it's just a-month that is passed by. Is that for real sir? By the way Sir I got tested from Hi-precision laboratories. Their facilities are quite impressing And, I hope so that this also reflects with their laboratory instruments. Thanks Sir!

Scared 

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Scared.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with me and my readers.

In my previous email, I have posted that our HIV tests here are already 4th generation tests and they are pretty sensitive now to the HIV antibodies produced by the body in reaction to HIV. It can detect even a small amount of these antibodies present in the blood.

However, I always say that each individual produces these antibodies at a different rate. Some may produce at a faster rate than others, but by 3 months, which is the cut off period or the window period for HIV test, there is definite ample enough level of antibodies that the HIV test can detect. Thus all HIV doctors still recommend the 3 months window period to really make sure that the body has reproduced enough HIV antibodies that can be detected by the HIV test. Also, the 3 month period assures that there is enough time as some clients can't really remember when they had their last exposure.

Now going back to your concern, I believe you had waited for two months already, so best is to wait a little longer to really make sure for the reliability of the test. I am not saying that it is not reliable now, but we have to consider one factor which is your body's ability to produce the HIV antibodies just in case you really have HIV. I know it is crushing your mind but just be patient. Trust me, it is worth the wait. Listen, most doctors even want you to repeat the HIV test at 6 months post exposure just to be absolutely sure, so just be patient. 

I hope I was able to give light to your concern. If you have more concerns, or even a person to talk to, please do call our Hotline Numbers below:

0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"We act FAST when we CARE"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: