Email 14

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:59 AM

Hi,

I was reading your blog and confused about you considering yourself to have AIDS instead of PLHIV. Why is it like that? Isn't that AIDS will only occur if your CD4 drops to below 200? If it goes up again, is it still considered as AIDS?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Iam

POZZIEPINOY’S REPLY

Hi Iam,

To answer your question, first, my initial CD4 was 76. From the WHO criteria, I already have AIDS. Second, I had recurrent pneumonia and PCP which are opportunistic infections and together with having HIV and a low CD4 count, I was confirmed to have AIDS.

Unfortunately, once you are diagnosed to have AIDS, your diagnosis won't change anymore even though the CD4 count goes above 200. The diagnosis is permanent and will never change anymore, unless of course, the WHO will change it's criteria again.

I hope I answered your questions again.

Pozziepinoy




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund