You Are Still Alive!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:14 PM
With the ill effects of HIV/AIDS we somehow feel that everything is hopeless. We feel that it's the end of the line for us. We feel that everything is crushing down on us. But wait, we are still alive. We are still capable of fighting back!

Well, in my humble opinion and based on my experiences, everything can be reversed and we can all be healthy again as long as we strengthen ourselves physically and psychologically. We alone can fight it!

When I got sick before and when I was first diagnosed, these were the things that I planted in my mind:

1. I will get well.
2. HIV/AIDS is not a death sentence anymore.
3. In the Philippines, the ARV's (HAART) are free.
4. There are HIV/AIDS hubs that give free consultation
5. I have a strong support system from my loved ones
6. I have good doctors surrounding me who are willing to help me with my condition
7. The world is full of literature about my condition.
8. There are other people living with HIV/AIDS who are doing very well now.
9. The side effects of the ARV's will go away.
10. Adjustment is hard only during the first 2 to 3 months.

So far so good. I am almost on my 8th month now and I feel that I'm in my best health.

My secret?

1. I believe in my doctors. I listen to them.
2. I believe in the medicines. I believe that my ARV's will help me strengthen my immune system. I make sure that I don't get late or will miss any intakes of my meds.
3. I protect myself from illnesses. I make sure that eat and live a healthy lifestyle.
4. I pay back. I help others through counselling and by promoting The Love Fund which is a venue for helping other persons with HIV/AIDS with financial support.