Email 35: Needing To Talk

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:53 PM

Hi Pozziepioy,

Last month I was confirmed HIV positive. I was just taking for a routinary test when I discovered it. I read a lot of info’s bout the disease and came across your blog. I must say I’m okay now as I discovered it in the earliest time and I’m glad that I have no opportunistic infections yet. 

I already went to RITM for a check up but they don’t have yet CD4 test back then. I was scheduled on Aug XX for the CD4 test, but I’m afraid that my CD4 will drop down by that time. I wish I can take ARV’s by this time but sadly there’s a cut off in CD4 count.

By the way can I get your number so I can talk to you and ask for some advice? Here's my no by the way XXXX.

Thanks.
XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX,

Thank you for reading my blog.

Though it is shocking for you that you are HIv positive, I am still happy that you found out your status when you don’t have opportunistic infections yet. Unlike me who was already sick with pneumonia at the time I was tested, I am happy that you are still in good health.

RITM now has the reagent for CD4 testing so you can have another schedule if you want. I can also arrange for an earlier schedule, just let me know in advance when you are going there. I would want you to get treatment as early as possible, in case you need it.

I will text you later so we can coordinate on what your next steps will be.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




                                                           *******************


*** Please donate to the LOVE FUND. It is for the benefit of the indigent pozzies that are in dire need of financial help especially for their initial lab tests and OI medications. This is a project of Dr. Rossana A. Ditangco.

If you want to donate:

1. Deposit your cash donations to:

                BDO Savings Account Number: 1420060188
                Account Name:  Rossana A. Ditangco

  1. Personal cash donations to RITM-ARG and look for Ellen Domingo or Maram Bartolome. 
  2. Also accepting donations in kind:

*** Medicines for OI Prophylaxis
a. Cotrimoxazole -800mg
b. Azithromycin -250mg and 500 mg

Please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com. I will give you the details of the LOVE FUND. Monthly updates on the beneficiaries of the LOVE FUND will be posted in my blog.

Thank you so much!


Categories: