Stupid Mistake

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:01 PM

Every time I go on a trip, I am meticulous in packing especially my ARV's. I make sure I have pill boxes in all my luggages so that I won't miss a dose in case a luggage gets misplaced or stolen. Well that didn't happen during my weekend getaway.

On Saturday morning I knew I packed everything. Tag and I left around 2:30 in the afternoon and went to SBMA, a 2 and a half drive from Manila. We arrived in the resort around 5pm, checked in and started to relax. At 7pm, I felt being hot. Was it the aircon, I thought? Then I began to itch. Then all of of a sudden something shocked me. "Oh no", I screamed loud that I bet it reverberated in the neighboring rooms. Tag came out of the shower and asked me fast. "I forgot my ARV's!!!!!", I screamed!

My entire body numbed. For the first time I didn't know what to do. Even Tag was speechless. He then told me to ask Dr. Ditangco if it's OK to miss a dose for the night, then we will just come home the following day and break our 2 day vacation. I texted her and this was her reply:

"Hi Pozziepinoy. Any missed dose is NEVER OK, but usually one missed dose may not have effect in the long term", she replied.

That was it. I told Tag, who was so tired from driving the whole day because of his job and driving to Subic, that I will just take the bus and come home. It would be unwise for both us to come home that evening or me driving home as we were so tired. I told him I can just sleep in the bus and come back to the resort early in the morning. I assured him that even though I haven't taken the bus for a long time, that I will be OK. Good thing he agreed. We called the front desk and asked the the schedule of the last trip of Victory Liner Bus going to Manila. Luckily it was 10pm.I told Tag that it will be Ok for me to be late in taking my ARV's rather than miss taking a dose. He agreed.

That evening, even though Tag was so tired, he drove me out of Subic and dropped me off at Olongapo. I was on the bus at 8:30pm that night, thinking what went wrong.

I arrived in Manila, took the cab from the bus station to my place and took the ARV's at 12 midnight. I was 2 hours late. First time in 11 months that I was ever late in taking my meds. I was always on time. Always on the dot. But it didn't matter that night. It was the best that I could do. I then laid in bed and sleep and rested my tired body.

Hours later, I got up at 4am, took the cab and went back to the bus station and headed back to the resort with 3 containers of my ARV's even though we will be staying there for just one night. I made sure I had ample supply.

That night was really a nightmare. I really apologized to Dr. Ditangco for what happened and I promised myself that it can't happen ever again. I knew I made a stupid mistake and I know now I need to be more prepared every time I would go on a travel.




                                                              *******************


*** Please donate to the LOVE FUND. It is for the benefit of the indigent pozzies that are in dire need of financial help especially for their initial lab tests and OI medications. This is a project of Dr. Rossana A. Ditangco.

If you want to donate:

1. Deposit your cash donations to:

                BDO Savings Account Number: BDO Savings Account Number: 1420060188
                Account Name:  Rossana A. Ditangco

                Account Name:  Rossana A. Ditangco

  1. Personal cash donations to RITM-ARG and look for Ellen Domingo or Maram Bartolome. 
  2. Also accepting donations in kind:

*** Medicines for OI Prophylaxis
a. Cotrimoxazole -800mg
b. Azithromycin -250mg and 500 mg

Please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com. I will give you the details of the LOVE FUND. Monthly updates on the beneficiaries of the LOVE FUND will be posted in my blog.

Thank you so much!
Categories: