Port in a Storm

Posted by Unknown on 11:47 AM
Port in a Storm
by: Darwin “dada” Tenoria



I remember this scene from the movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic” when Suze (portrayed by Krysten Ritter) asked her best friend Rebecca Bloomwood (portrayed by Isla Fisher) to attend a Support Group to help her in dealing issues being a compulsive shopper. 

It is one of the memorable scenes that struck me from that movie. 
Never in my wildest dream that one day I will become a member of a Support Group.

Congenial Faces


April 13, 2015, I will never forget that date. It is my first time attending a support group.  The Project Red Ribbon Care Management Foundation Inc. opens its doors for me and my partner. I pushed myself to attend that day because I’m eager to meet my “blood-brothers” face to face at last and aside from the fact that I just disclosed my HIV status to my partner. I thought that it would be a perfect timing for us to undergo a counselling.  Everybody is so warm; it felt like we’ve known each other very well for a very long time.  

A “perfect haven” for PLHIV should I say.



Support Group Talk (SGT) is one of many programs that The Project Red Ribbon Care Management Foundation Inc. offered. It’s started way back in 2013; this is a perfect venue for PLHIV who is looking for support system especially to those who have not disclosed their HIV status. To have a channel to tell their personal stories and insights.  A venue for interpersonal relationships among peers. To Gain knowledge about HIV and AIDS and a psychological support.

Propagating the Act


The Project Red Ribbon (TRR) in partnership with the Department of Health-National AIDS/STI Prevention and Control Program (DOH-NASPCP), TRR will be starting to replicate the SGT in different hubs, also on a weekly basis. Research Institute for Tropical Medicine will be the pilot hub which will replicate the SGT format that TRR established. Every Monday SGT sessions will be happening at RITM Room # 4.This is to cater our PLHIV brothers and sisters from the South Area of the Metro which covers Paranaque City, Las Pinas City, Muntinlupa City plus the nearby provinces of Laguna and Cavite.

In Central Area of the Metro weekly SGT will still be conducted. These cover the areas of Pasig City, Mandaluyong City, Makati City, San Juan City, Taguig City, Pateros and some parts of Manila. TRR is also waiting for the approval of the SGT in Makati Medical Center, The Medical City and other Social Hygiene Clinics in different cities.



Want to Join the TRR Support Group Talk?

Please call any of our Hotline Numbers:

0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
0917-899-0473
 0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066






"We act FAST when we CARE"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link: