Settling in CDO

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:59 PM
Hello.

My name is Peter from the UK.

I will soon be retiring to Cagayan De Oro Philippines and would want to register at the nearest hub which I think is either Cebu or Manila. 
Please could you send me details of what I need to do. I do understand that I need to test again at the hub and place myself under the care of the doctor there.

I am currently taking AZT, 3TC, and EDURANT which are doing well for me with a viral load of 29 and CD4 of 450. Are these meds available there?

I would really appreciate any information that you can give me.

Best regards 
Peter 

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding and reading the blog.

I'll go straight to your concerns.

1. Retiring to Cagayan de Oro
    a. There is an HIV and AIDS treatment hub in CDO, the Northern Mindanao Medical 
        Center
    b. You can get free ARV and consultation there
    c. Most of the HIV lab tests are available in CDO
2. For complete HIV Facilities, the best is still in Manila. Please contact our HIV Hotline numbers once you are in the Philippines.
3. You may also need to undergo the following to get all free services:
    a. Retake the HIV test
    b. Be enrolled in the HIV and AIDS Treatment hub
4. With regards to your medicines, AZT and 3TC are available. However, edurant (rilpivirine is not). TRR in partnership with the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine - AIDS Research Group (RITM-ARG) can help you out in procuring this medicine. However, this will be at your own expense. Make sure when you arrive in the country, you have ample supply of your ARV's (maybe 2-3 months supply) until your treatment regimen here is stable.

Once again, thank you for your email, and I hope that I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again, if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



QUESTIONS ABOUT HIV AND AIDS?
WANT TO GET TESTED?
CALL US!

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add me, Pozzie Pinoy and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

"We act FAST when we CARE"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: