Email 10: Brave Soul

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:32 AM

Hi pozziepinoy!





I thank God for being able to browse your blog. I thank Him for a person like you who gives hope to all of us - both HIV positive and negative Pinoys.

I am very worried at this time for I am experiencing symptoms which can be caused by HIV infection. I hope this is all because of me being paranoid. Anyhow, I am inspired by how you are using technology to help others. In particular, I am moved by your "Prayer List." Can you include me in your list? I hope to have myself tested this Friday or next week. I have faith everything is fine.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
worriedabouthiv





Hi Worriedabouthiv!





First of all I would like to thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate how you mentioned my giving hope to all which is really what I am doing. I just want to reach out and tell everyone that there really is HOPE as long as we follow our doctors and we believe that we are all going to be fine.

I salute you for being brave to take the test. I know a lot of people who are hesitant to take it even though they know that the cases of HIV has been growing immensely in the country. I am so proud of you, unlike me who took it when I was already sick and had experienced both the physical and financial burden of the disease. 

It is ok to be worried. It is better that way because in acknowledging it, in knowing the fear, you are obliged to do something about it. When I got sick, I was in denial most of the time. I kept on telling myself that I was sick because of something else. I didn’t want to look at the big picture. I am an educated person but with denial, I turned a blind eye. I was stupid to not even think about it. You are smarter than me. And BRAVER!

It is my pleasure to add you in my PP Prayer’s List. It is all about us. With your faith, like what you said, I know everything will be fine!

Keep me posted.


Pozziepinoy




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund