The Hepatitis B Vaccine

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:29 PM
Another vaccine that I got last week in RITM was the Hepatitis B vaccine. It was free there. I requested it from DR. RD during my consultation 2 weeks ago and she said that it's fine for me to get it. I was worried about my low CD4 and she said vaccinations never rely on the CD4 count. She asked me first when I last had the shot and I remembered it was like 10 years ago. I also told her that I didn't finish the booster shots so she told me that I have to get it. She also checked the Hepa B test that I had 3 months ago and it showed negative so she gave me a prescription. Dr. RD explained that for people with HIV/AIDS they give a double dose. Back in RITM Ate Ellen gave me the shot together with my flu shot and my pneumococcal vaccination. Imagine 3 shots in one sitting and it was my birthday. Ate Ellen explained that I have to come back next month to get the second shot and my last shot in June.

The hepatitis B vaccine protects against hepatitis B, a serious viral disease that damages the liver. The vaccine is made from the inactivated (dead) hepatitis B virus. After you get a hepatitis B vaccine, your body learns to attack the hepatitis B virus if you are exposed to it. This means you are very unlikely to get sick with hepatitis B. Because no vaccine is 100% effective, it is still possible to get hepatitis B, even after you have been completely vaccinated.

Ask your doctor about vaccinations. Let's proactively strengthen our defense system against possible infections. 



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund