Second Consultation

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:29 PM
I had my second consultation with Dr. RD this morning. I was there around 7:30am when nobody was there yet, so I put my name on the paper on the door. Of course, I was number one. After 45 minutes I saw 2 girls wearing masks. They peeked inside the clinic room through a small glass window. I asked them if they're also going to see Dr. RD and when they said yes, I told them to write their names on the paper too. Later on I found out that they are new patients and are referred from a nearby hospital. They were from Quezon City. I didn't pry anymore. After 15 more minutes, another woman came wearing a mask and looked at the glass window too. Whoa, I was outnumbered there.

At 9:20am, the secretary came and opened Dr. RD's clinic and called my name. She made me fill out a form and weighed me. I was 170 pounds there! Geez! Then I sat down inside the clinic and waited for my doctor.

At 9:35am, Dr. RD came in with her daughter. She saw me and greeted me and in minutes, I was already sitting in front of her desk. I gave her the photocopies of my files and a tabulation of my lab tests. She was glad that my ALT already went down. She browsed on my records and then prescribed 3 months supply of my ARV's which I will get from the hub on the 13th of this month since we will be around that area on that date.

I asked her about taking again my regular vitamins. She said that I can take the over the counter vitamins like what I used to take. I asked her about VCO and selenium and she said she has nothing against them, and those supplements have no proven data yet when it comes to their actual effectivity.

I asked her as to what level of CD4 count should I have for me to have vaccinations. She said at any level, at any time, I can have the vaccinations. She then prescribed me 4 vaccinations that I can have: the flu vaccine, hepa B vaccine, streptoccocus vaccine and meningococcemia vaccine. She told me that hepa B in RITM is free and the rest, I have to pay for them.

I told her that I don't have any side effects from my meds since I'm following the empty stomach directions from my previous doctor. I told her that after taking my meds, I get hungry so I asked her if I can eat after taking the meds, especially efavirenz. She told me that I can eat 2 hours after taking all my meds.

She scheduled for all lab tests to be repeated on mid March plus my CD4 test. I will be seeing her then before I get my next refill from my hub.

Before I left, she told me that my other doctors in the other hospital were asking about me. She also told me to say hi to Tag for her. I smiled.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund


Categories: