My Second Month

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:10 PM
Today is my second month of taking ARV's, exactly 60 days. Whew. No more side effects, I hope.

To recap once more, I started taking ARV's last October 6. My cocktail includes tenofovir, lamivudine and efavirenz.  I take them all at once at night time, at exactly 10pm on an empty stomach. I am also taking cotrimoxazole, 800 mg a day at 7am and azithromycin, 1250 mg once every week which I take it every Wednesday.

How about side effects? On my 12th day of taking the ARV's, I had rashes all over my body which resolved in 3 days. My ALT or SGPT also went up to a staggering 328 after 17 days of treatment. After that there were on and off minimal itchiness. I sometimes felt hot.

Right now, I can say that I am on my best health. Since last year I had already bouts of on and off fever and monthly diarrhea. This is the first time that I feel that I am not getting sick at all. I can say that being strong mentally and physically help a lot. The ARV's too, it seems, are doing wonders to my body and I am continuing to believe in them.

My message to all those who are getting ready to take the medicines, is to be strong and just trust in the medicines. Our body has the greatest capability to adjust so just believe that the medicines will work. Have patience all the time, the symptoms will subside and the side effects will abate. Eventually, you will feel better again.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: