Email 1 Looking for Support Group

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:33 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

I just came across your blog and I would like to commend you for it. The simple advocacy is great.
I usually don’t read local blogs about HIV because most of them are really scary, uninformed and negative but yours is really pleasant.

I am also poz. I got diagnosed last October and started my meds the same month. Funny thing is that I can really relate to some of your posts and all the things you’ve been through.Halos pareho lahat: from the intensive research about the disease, commitment for adherence, the rashes, side effects, the desire to get back to health & fitness, nutrition, wanting to be informed and all. We even go to the same doctor. 

Anyway I still have a lot to learn about the whole thing. I’ve already accepted my status and thankful that my family is in full support of me. Only close friends and close relatives know about my status. And I’d like to keep it that way. Tanggap naman nila. (hindi naman siguro masama yun).

Marami pa rin akong fears of course but I guess it’s normal. I just tell myself “It’s all a process”. And I pray and pray lagi. I am kinda private person and I am grateful that my experiences last October didn’t put too much toll on me. I met the right people I needed and my family made it easier.

I wanted to go back to work because I feel great already but my parents begged me not to until I am stable with my numbers. So I’m kinda bum right now, not that I’m complaining. Sobrang marked improvement kc since I started my ARVs. And my doctor told me everything will go back to normal as long as I commit to it. And I trust her.

One thing that I am lacking right now is a support poz group. I haven’t even met or talked to someone who is poz, terrible but true. I know I should and I’d love to. I see them all over the net but I guess I’m not yet ready. This is really the first time I am reach out (pardon).

Anyway I hope we can keep in touch. I’ll try post some comments on your entries to compare notes if you don’t mind or add inputs.

Keep up the good work.

XXX




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund