Day 127

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:13 PM
It has been a while since my last post. Everything came back to normal... like nothing happened. I am so happy with Tag and my work. Everything is fine. Everything is ok. I am back to being a workaholic which I enjoy the most, but of course with precautions. I get tired after work but there is a fulfillment that I can't explain. I am helping people again. I am in the mainstream again.

Today is my 127th day of taking my ARV's. So far, no more side effects. My ARV adherence is still 100% : no missed or late intakes. The habit has seeped into me. It's like life is not complete without the ARV's (which in my condition, it should be). My timers are incredibly helpful. Even while in a movie house, or watching TV, or watching a broadway show, I am patiently waiting for my alarm. It is set at 9:58pm and I made it a point to wait for the alarm to sound before I take it. Tag even said why not take it in advance, but reiterated that a habit becomes a habit when you are very strict with it. So that's it, I am always on time.

Physically I am in my best health. I don't get sick anymore. I don't catch a cold or a flu. I haven't experienced diarrhea for almost 6 months now. Maybe because of all my vaccinations or my being pretty careful. But whatever the reason is, I am very thankful. It is expensive to get sick and I, for one, won't allow it to happen ever again.

I have only a few contacts now from the group from twitter. I am sorry that my busy schedule has hampered my communications with them. I receive once in awhile text messages of greetings and usually I just reply back. However, unlike before, when I had time, I would really dive in to conversations but nowadays, it's hard. I know that they are still around, blogging still, and helping other pozzies to deal with their conditions.

I have helped somebody last month financially. This month, I want to just give financial help again to somebody... and I know there is somebody there who would want it. Ate Ellen is pretty hesitant to refer patients to me but I am encouraging her still.

End of February, I plan to see Dr. D to have prescription for all the lab exams that I have to take for March.  Tag and I have already saved up for it, so by mid March I will be able to know my 6th month CD4 and my VL. I am crossing my fingers that everything will be ok, but I have already contemplated that no matter what the outcome is, I am staying positive. Nothing can bring me down. If it's still low, then so be it... there is still time for improvement... and I have a lifetime to make my CD4 go up and my VL to go down.

With a great and loving partner, with a great family beside me, with good friends around me, with a fulfilling career, I know that everything is and will be ok.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: