On Guard!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:57 PM

“Always remember that you have AIDS!” That’s what I am telling myself all the time. Is it because I might forget that I still have the virus inside me and that I should always be alert? Is it because I might let my guard down and allow the opportunistic infections to get a hold of my health again?

For almost 6 months now, I’ve never been sick again. Like what I wrote before, I’ve never been afflicted with any illnesses. No fever, no diarrhea (well, except on my azithro day which is definitely related to it). tag said I am in my best health now and I agree. There were times when I get bouts of a little cough, maybe because of me getting tired from work but nothing serious. I don’t catch a cold nor flu too and that is good.

Should I still be concerned? YES! I have a virus in me that I have to pay close attention too. I maybe feeling healthy now but there are opportunistic infections still out there ready to attack. 
I don’t want to be sick ever again so I have to do my part: 
  1. Proper hygiene, all the time. 
  2. Keep fit. Exercise regularly.
  3. Eat healthy. If you can avoid street food.
  4. Rest. Don’t over do yourself. Infections can attack when you are at your weakest.
  5. Keep your environment clean. Use alcogels or alcohol when necessary.
  6. Use handkerchief or a mask in a crowded place, or just avoid crowding.


FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund