One Week To Go

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:52 AM

Yesterday I texted my good doctor friend, B. I asked her if I need to see Dr. T, my pulmonologist. If you guys know my medical history, I had 2 bouts of pneumonia last year, so I was thinking since it will be my 6th month in March taking ARV's, I might as well have my lungs checked again. B asked first if I am coughing and having chest pains and I told her that there were moments especially when I am tired but won't last long as long as I rest. I also told her that I have a pneumonia vaccination last January already. She told me that I might as well have a pulmo capacity test then. I told her that I will tell Dr. D about it on my check up with her. In the afternoon, B texted again and she told me that she talked to Dr. T and the latter said that I should have a chest Xray first before going to him, just for comparison. I told her that I might as well do it, of course with Dr. D's approval now that she is my attending physician. Last night I told Tag about it and he agreed to what B recommended.

It is really good that I have a team of doctors who are working with me to battle the virus inside me. It helps alleviate all my fears dwelling in me. I know it is a challenge every time I go to them but I know it is a responsibility to myself, to Tag and to my family. I don't want to get sick again and by keeping a positive attitude towards all the lab exams that I will once again be undergoing, I know that everything will pay off in the end.

So next week, I will see Dr. D again to get a check up and a prescription for all the lab exams (including CD4) that I will be needing for my 6th month health status. I might as well do everything in RITM to maximize the use of the PhilHealth insurance. I just texted Ate Ellen to check on my insurance status so I will know if I need to bring money when I go there next week too. So basically for the next 2 weeks I will once again be going back to my hub and my private hospital for my checkup. I do wish that nothing is wrong with me this time, but if ever they find something new, I will still be glad that I was proactive this time in checking on my health.

Tag once asked me before what my reaction will be if we find out that my CD4 is still low. I told him that I am not worried at all since I know that for months now, I am in good health, I guess in best health for years now. If it's low, then I have one lifetime to wait for it to go up again. That's how positive I am.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: