Take Control!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:27 PM
Hi. 

So i found your site on google and decided to give it try. 

I need assistance. I think im HIV positive. I haven't got tested yet but my symptoms says it. Im 21 yrs old. I had a relationship with a guy who i recently found out was diagnosed positive a couple yrs ago. Weeks after we broke up I was hospitalized for tonsilitis. I had a major weight loss. Couple more weeks I was back on the hospital bed for pnuemonia. A very uncommon pneumonia for my age says the doctor cause it affected both my lungs. Now I'm dealing with these rashes all over my face and neck. 


My checklist says it all. All i need is to have someone qualified to say it to my face. Im scared. Im stressed out. I don't know what to do. My ex avoided me after i told him. I told one of my friend just to get it out my chest but its not like she knows a single thing about this. 

Pls help.

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for giving it a try to email me when you found the site in google. 

XXX, you can assume all you want but no one can diagnose HIV based on what your symptoms are. Yes, you may have bilateral pneumonia which is uncommon for a young person like you, but even an HIV doctor can't just assume that you have HIV. Even you have all the symptoms of AIDS-related infections, no doctor can tell you that you have HIV unless you get yourself tested by the HIV test. Only then can we know. Only by taking the HIV test can a doctor make a final diagnosis of what you have.

I'm just wondering what is stopping you from taking the HIV test? If you feel you have all the symptoms, what's keeping you from going to any infectious disease doctor from any hospital, or going to the HIV testing clinics to get tested. Do you want your HIV to completely weaken your immune system and get all the opportunistic infections or AIDS-related infections? Do you want to spend for all the expensive hospitalizations and medicines when your HIV has progressed to AIDS?

Perhaps you are scared, but fear is an obstacle to your health. Take control of your life and your health. Think of your beautiful life ahead of you. Think of your family and friends.

XXX, PLEASE, I beg you not to wait anymore. GET TESTED NOW! In the website we listed the HIV testing clinics in the country. If you are from Manila, call the TRR Hotline numbers and talk to our counselors and set a schedule so the Foundation volunteers can go with you if you are scared to go alone. We can help, not by assuming based on what you observe, but getting the facts straight from the HIV test and the succeeding tests for you to finally know your health status. Trust me when I say that it will be the greatest decision that you will make!

Take the step. Know your HIV status and get control of your life. HIV can be defeated but you have to take control NOW!

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



QUESTIONS ABOUT HIV AND AIDS?
WANT TO GET TESTED?
CALL US!

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 


0928-908-6288
0977-131-2046
0906-389-2402
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add our Online Care Manager, Tomasito Ang Suta, or our Program Coordinator, Keren Augustin C. Blances and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.



"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: