Having Doubts

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:48 PM

Hi PP, 

You can call me XXX,

I'm currently on my 6th month of being diagnosed with HIV and I just started taking my ARVs a week ago. My tests have been really good in fact my current VL is 19K, CD4 is on 700+, the previous one 6 months ago was 600+ my confirmatory says I'm HIV reactive. I am a little confused on what's happening, I dont think I'm sick. Or maybe this is me still denying the fact that I am sick. My doctor still recommended me to take ARVs because that's what the WHO recommends. I am thinking of having another HIV screening for 2nd opinion. Do you think it's fine if i do that even if I have undergone ARV treatment already?

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I am proud of you for taking the HIV test and for being on treatment right now. I do hope that others will do the same.

Based on the numbers that you gave me, I believe that you are still at the beginning stages of HIV which is very good. Your CD4 is amazing and really reacting well to treatment. Your viral load will soon go down, just be adherent to the treatment. It is important that you follow what your doctor tells you to do, have faith in the medicines that you are taking and have faith in yourself. These are the most important things that you need to know when dealing with HIV. 

Sometimes when we don't feel anything, we feel that we are not sick at all. However, the test results show that we do indeed have a virus. The confirmatory result is very sensitive to the HIV thus, its result really is final. In other words no need to doubt the result of the test and your diagnosis.

I know it is hard to accept ones HIV status. But the fact of the matter is that you indeed have HIV, based on the confirmatory result. Doubting it may lead to not being adherent to treatment. Doubting it may lead to you not believing in the very treatment that you are undergoing. Doubting it may lead you not believe in your doctor or even to yourself.

You don't need to retake the HIV test anymore. Just live on with your life. Trust me, you are as normal as anyone else can be. Just continue your life and be adherent.

If you have anymore concerns, you can talk directly with our counselors and their numbers are mentioned below.

Once again thank you very much and have productive life.



Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




QUESTIONS ABOUT HIV AND AIDS?
WANT TO GET TESTED?
CALL US!

TRR HIV Hotline Numbers 

0915-427-3407
0906-390-1031
0927-287-8210
0975-387-3173

Office: TThS Phone Counselling
9am-4pm
(02) 656-7297


If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add Darwin Tenoria, the TRR Program Director and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.


"Spreading Compassion"

-Project Red Ribbon-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: