Email 22

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:10 AM



Dear fellow pozzie,

First I want to say your blog has the most volume of information a PLHIV can read all in one site! It surely helps people especially those who are not yet essentially informed of the issue like me. I want to thank you for that. 

I was diagnosed last XXX and chose PGH as my hub. All my initial baseline tests were normal except for low hemoglobin level (slightly anemic) and high triglycerides but normal cholesterol (slightly conflicting). CD4 count was 17. I started anti fungal (fluconazole) for thrush for 7 days. Took 600 mg cotri everyday and 1250 mg azithro once a week, and started ARV: 3TC, EFV, Lamivudine last XXX. Unfortunately last XXX (exactly 1 week after taking ARVs) I had cough with phlegm but no fever at all. No redness of skin either. A few days before that I had runny nose and endless "singa" which I think immediately progressed to a cough with phlegm. I added Lagundi herbal capsule (3x a day) in my meds last XXX. It's been 5 days since I had the cough and my main problem is my ID doctor is available for consultation during Mondays only. The nurse is still trying to contact my ID doctor for a special consultation day for me within this week so I don't have to wait for Monday next week... I'm a bit worried because of my CD4 count... On the lighter side I gained 4 pounds already because of increased appetite and no more diarrhea.

I was thinking of switching hubs to RITM but a "not so good" incident happened to me. I chose to have my viral load, PPD and RPR at RITM. Some guy from the reception of RITM ARG told me that ARG is better than PGH in terms of ambiance, care, etc... When I was about to get my RPR test which usually takes less than 2 days to finish, he told me to go back after 1 month and I got so fruuuuustrated with it because of the protocol PGH is requiring me before I could take ARV (no complete baseline tests, no ARV), knowing that I have 17 CD4 count! Inside my head, I had the impression that this guy is so incompetent he literally compromised my existence in this world! RPR turnaround time is 1 month, but not RPR! I should have taken my ARV a week earlier. 

I think RITM is a great choice and I am thinking about switching hubs because of proximity and availability of doctors but it bothers me that if I switch to RITM and see his face every time I go there, it would really piss me off. The thing is, I get irritated whenever I talk to him and telling me what to do and whatsoever. Sorry for my rants but I just really have to tell you this so I could move on with the issue.

Thank you very much!


XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY


Hi XXXX,


Thanks for your email. Thanks for reading my blog. It is a collection of all my researches which I share to everyone. I am glad that somehow, by sharing them, people learn something about our disease and how to fight it.

I am glad that you are on your ARV’s already. Regarding your cough, get it checked fast. This is what my pulmo and my ID doctors told me before. If the CD4 is so low, we have to go to the doctor fast as a simple cold can turn to pneumonia. So if I were you go to your hub fast. I bet there are other doctor who can assist you in case your doctor is not there.

Regarding your Lagunda herbal capsule, make sure you had a go signal first with your doctor before you took it. Sometimes, herbal supplements can have an affect on the ARV’s so make sure to consult them first before taking them. 

About the RITM guy, well, don’t worry about it. Always ask the doctor there first before anything else. By the way I already scheduled you with Dr. Ditangco and she is willing to take you in if you want to switch hubs. Like what I usually say, proximity to a hub is the most important thing to consider when choosing so you might as well switch to RITM since it is nearer to your home.

I already gave you my number so please always ask me if you need help. You can also email your concerns again so others may benefit from your situation.

Once again, thanks again for the email and always, stay healthy.


Pozziepinoy


                                                             

FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund