Day 338

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:48 PM
Today is my 338th day of taking ARV's. I will be reaching my 1st anniversary of taking my anniversary in a few weeks and I am still counting.

As a recap, I would like to tell all my readers about my second life as a person living with HIV.

I had bilateral pneumonia and pneumocyctiis carini (PCP) when I was diagnosed with HIV. My CD4 was 73 at that time and my viral load was 113,000. I was confined for 9 days and was cleared on pneumonia in 8 days. I was on medications for 1 month before I started my ARV's.

In October 2011, I was prescribed with lamivudine, tenofovir and efavirenz. I had side effects of dizziness and vivid dreams for 2 days after. I was also prescribed with azithromycin and cotrimoxazole as my prophylaxis while my CD4 count was still low. On the 11th day, I had rashes which lasted for 3 days only. I had oral thrush which lasted for 5 days. At the end of the first month, I was back to normal. I never felt anything anymore.

During the following months, I went back to work, dieted and had a healthy lifestyle. I started my advocacy work and writing my blog. I followed what my doctors told me. I have never missed a dose of my ARV's, unfortunately I was late for 2 hours in taking my dose for just one night. I already had 3 refills of my ARV's from my treatment hub.

My CD4 on my 8th month was 487 which was almost 700% of an increase. Both my azithromycin and my cotrimoxazole were stopped.

Up to now, I've never been sick.

Today is my 338th day and I am till counting. I need to because I have to focus on all the blessings that I have received even with my disease living inside me. Tag and I still have a wonderful relationship. We still go out on vacations and trips. Both our families are accepting of us and of my disease. I am back to work which keeps me alive. I am also back to writing which I love. I am practicing photography and appreciate nature and the world more. I am doing something relevant and fulfilling and has become an HIV advocate.

It seems like nothing happened. Everything is the same as before.

I am happy that my anniversary is nearing. I know everything is going to be fine. I'm very optimistic as I look at the bright future ahead of me, full of love, full of caring, full of wonder and excitement.



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: