Oops I Did It Again!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:19 PM
It was a spur of the moment thing. Tag yesterday afternoon just told me that we should go somewhere for a quick out of town trip. I didn't have work at that time so I told him OK. Tag called a hotel and booked us a room for the night while I packed our bags. In a few minutes we were already driving south of Manila. I texted my colleagues at work and told them that I won't be coming in the following day.

We were already driving 20 minutes on EDSA, the long road connecting the different cities of Metro Manila, when I figured that I forgot to pack my ARV's. Again! This happened when we went on a 3 day trip to a beach in the north 2 weeks ago, and it happened again! Tag just looked at me and good thing there was a U-turn slot so we turned around fast. He told me that it was good that we were not in the hotel in the place we were heading to when I found out or else, I would be taking the bus home to get them again. Whew. That was really a close call.

We pozzies as much as possible should not miss or be late with our dose of ARV's. Missing one dose in one month may be OK but of course, we should try to avoid it. We don't know it's effect on the resistance of our virus to the ARV's in the long term so why even do it, right? Our health is our priority so we should always prioritize our ARV's no matter what.

As for me, from now on, I will follow the advice of Tag. I will put a pillbox containing a 5 day supply of my ARV's in my carry on bag just in case it happens again that I will forget to bring my meds. In that way, I am pretty sure that I won't panic every time we are on an out of town trip.

How about you? Have you missed a dose of your ARV's? Have you been late in taking them?
Leave a comment below.


Related Links:

Stupid Mistake
ARV Adherence
100% Adherence
Adherence

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: