Email 50: Looking for HIV Testing Center in the South

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:28 AM
Dear Pozziepinoy,

I was wondering if you could help me with the average cost of the medicines that an HIV positive person may come around to in the Philippines?  I would also like to ask if there are any discreet testing centers in the south metro area?  I can not go to the RITM and I would like to get the feedback quickly.  if I'm found to be negative, I would actually like to help.  Given the chance that I am not infected I would seriously like to help.  

Sincerely,

Chk


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi Chk,

Thank you for the email. Thanks for reading my blog too. I am glad that I am able to reach people through it.

Now to answer your questions, first, regarding the average cost of the medicines of a person living with HIV (PLHIV) in the Philippines, all I can say is that it depends on the health status of the PLHIV. With regards to HIV itself, the medicines or ARV's are all free. However, if there are already infections brought about by the weakening of the immune system which is the result of HIV, the prices of medicine varies. One of the most costly is the CMV Retinitis, which left unattended can lead to blindness. The medicines for this is 4-5k per day for 3 months of treatment. Expensive right. If the PLHIV has pneumonia, the price of medicines are less costly but the hospitalization maybe. When I was down with pneumonia before, I spent almost 400k all in all, including medicines, lab tests and hospitalization. My point here is that HIV medicines are free however, the medicines for the different kinds of infections brought about by the weakening immune system may vary.

Regarding the discreet HIV testing in the south metro area, the only place that I know is really RITM-ARG. However, in private hospitals they also do HIV testing areas, however, I just don't have any information as to how "discreet" they are when it comes to a PLHIV's information. I was screened and diagnosed in a private hospital and I didn't have any problems. In Manila area, you can go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate. I am 100% sure that they are discreet there.

Please check out my previous blog entries:

1. Tell Others To get Tested

I will research some more and will get back to you again.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: