Email 51: An Optimistic PLHIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:13 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

I am also HIV positive.  I was diagnosed Jan 2011 after my immune went down and had TB.  I was referred to PGH SAGIP and was monitored by my doctors.  My CD4 count was 11 that time and my doctor was worried.  But thanks to her, I was able to regain my health and my CD4 count went up to 185.  I hope and pray that my previous test would be better than the last.


At first it was hard to accept, but I faced the problem with a positive outlook in life.  I received support from my sister and brother-in-law (my parents still don't know my condition) and of course support from my close friends.

I know there are a lot of people like me out there.  They don't have to be devastated with their current condition.  Everyone should have a strong faith to HIM.  I know that this is a cross that we need to carry and I know that HE wont give us a heavy cross if we cannot carry the cross.  Have a strong FAITH.

God Bless to you and to all people like us with this current condition!

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for the email. Thank you for reading my blog entries.

I am so proud of you for having a very optimistic outlook in life and having a strong faith despite having HIV. Everybody should emulate a person like you who trusted your doctors and did everything you can for your immune system to rebound fast. 

We should always remember that having HIV is not the end of the line. It is just a beginning of a  new journey. It is a like a race on a track and field oval. Once we hear the gun shot we have to run as fast as we can towards recovery, towards the finish line. I know a lot of pozzies and they are still sickly. Most believe that because they are on ARV's they will all be well. That is true but, the question is when are gong to be well. For me, the ARV's will give us the strength to run forward but what really drives us forward is our own determination to run ahead and fast. I know a lot of pozzies take this for granted that is why their speed of recovery is not as fast as others. The hurdles to our "run" are not getting a healthy lifestyle, not getting any illnesses, not getting a lot of rest, not avoiding stress, not getting a regular exercise routine and not eating a good diet. These "hurdles" slow us down with our "run". However, if we stay focused and be committed to getting to the "finish"line of recovery fast, everybody can beat these hurdles. Like you, just have faith, strength and conviction to your goal and I know everybody will recover fast.

We are all given a second life and a second journey. Let's make our lives easy by sacrificing the things that stop us from a faster recovery. The road has been paved for us by those who have ran n on the "tracks" before us so we should all struggle to go and get to the finish line as fast as we can!

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: