Email 44: Late in Taking ARV's?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:37 PM


Almost a month na ko nag tatake ng ARV's ko. But there was a time na late yung pag inom ko ng ARV's ko.What I mean is I take my ARV's every (AVCOMB) 8am/8pm and  (EFAVIRENZ)10pm but may mga time na nakapag take ako ng  hindi sakto sa oras  especialy at night, natatakot lang ako baka di umipekto yung gamot. Please help me.



(Translation: It's been almost a month that I've been taking my ARV's. But there was a time that I was late in taking them. What I meant was I take my ARV's every (AVCOMB) 8am/8pm and (EFAVIRENZ) 10pm but there were times that I took them not at the exact times, especially at night. I am scared that maybe the ARV's won't be effective anymore. Please help me.

By the way thanks for ur reply to my question. pwede ko bang mahingi yung no mo para incase na my problem ako or I'm down my makakausap ako na expert..thanks

(Translation: By the way, thanks for your reply to my question. Can I ask for your number so in case I have a problem or I'm down I can talk to an expert. Thanks).

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE:

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thanks for your question too. I am so glad that I am reaching people through my blog.

Regarding your question, I texted Dr. Ditangco and asked her your question:

"Hi. Dra. A PLHIV is asking me if there's an effect on the potency of the ARV's if he's frequently late in taking them. he is worried that the ARV's may not be effective anymore. What can you advise? Just in case, what test can he do to make sure that his ARV's are still working. He just started taking his ARV's a month ago. Please advice."

Response of Dr. Ditangco:

"Hi Pozziepinoy. It is too early for testing. How late is late? Just go back to his original schedule and avoid late intake in the future."

So that's it. I hope I was able to answer your question. Just try to avoid being late again.

You can check this link: Adherence


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012


Credits: