Email 42 : Friend Asking for Medical Assistance

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:56 PM

Sir ask lang po sana ako ng tulong for my friend who has HIV baka po may alam kayo na pede sumuporta sa medications nya.naaawa po kasi ako sa kaibigan kasi hindi nya po masupport yung gamutan nya.
(Translation: Sir, can I ask for help for my friend who has HIV. Maybe you know who/that can support him with his medications. I feel bad because my friend can't support his treatment).


Sana po matulungan nyo yung kaibigan ko.I'll be waiting for your reply sir.
(Translation: I hope you can help my friend. I'll be waiting for your reply sir.)

Thanks and GOD BLESS.

XXX"


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY


Hi XXX,

First of all, thank you for your email. I am glad that I am able to reach people through my blog. 

I applaud you for thinking about your friend. To be honest with you, treatment of HIV and AIDS can be financially exhausting especially when the patient already has opportunistic infections. There are a lot of lab tests to be done and a lot of medicines to purchase.

There are a few things that you missed in telling me about your friend.

First, what treatment does he need?

1.  If ARV's, the treatment hubs all over the country provides FREE ARV's under the OHAT Package of PhilHealth.

2. If it is prophylaxis that he needs since his CD4 is still below 200-250, most of the treatment hubs provide them as long as they are available.

3. If lab tests either initial baseline tests or continuing tests, they are usually FREE in most hubs. If they are not, the best way is to get help from the social workers of the treatment hub. They will ask your friend some documents pertaining to his and his family's inability to support him.

4. If medications and hospitalization for opportunistic infections:

    a. Go to the social worker of the hospital.
    b. Visit PCSO's website and complete all requirements, then proceed to PCSO's office and request for medical assistance. We have helped a lot of PLHIV thru PCSO and I am sure that the request won't be declined as long as your friend or family member will provide all the requirements.

If your friend is enrolled in RITM-ARG, the staff there will know what to do in case your friend can't afford his medical expenses. Usually, they will interview your friend or the relatives and check the financial capacity for medical assistance. 

I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have other queries, please email me again at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com.


Stay healthy,


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012


Credits: