Translation of "Superman's Letter"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:14 PM
Here's the Translation of Superman's Letter. With permission to post from the letter sender.

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I read you blog, LIVING with HIV / AIDS in the PHILIPPINES due to my curiosity, regarding the signs and symptoms of HIV / AIDS, because I'm having problems with my health now and I do not know what to do so I 'm doing my research on the net. By the way, I'm Superman, XXX years old and I'm living in XXX. I must admit I'm gay, but only a few people knows my sexuality. I can not tell my family yet, since my dad is a XXX and my family is well known. Though they may hint that I'm gay, still there is no confirmation from me about that, because I'm afraid of what might happen when I admit to them what my real sexuality is since I know my father very well.



My reason for sending you an e-mail is to ask for your help or advice regarding my condition. I had lots of unprotected sex before when I started working, both anal and oral. I'm the one being fucked and the blower. I'm the bottom so to speak. When I started to get involved with unprotected sex, that's when things happened to my body. I had hepa-A, allergies, fungal infections and urinary tract infections. Sometime in XXX, I had this incident that I was always dizzy, not able to eat because of the heaviness  in my stomach and I felt like I was always full and usually had mouth sores. I had a check-up with my internist in XXX hospital before and I had a lab test and it showed a decreased ymphocytes count. I did a research on the internet regarding the causes of decreased lymphocytes count, and a major reason is depressed immune system which is common in people with HIV/AIDS. I was in depression that time because the other symptoms of HIV/AIDS are getting to my mind though not 100% sure if I have HIV/AIDS or not. So to stop the agony, I had an HIV test in PGH last XXX and the result was non-reactive. I was so happy then ... but I did not learn from my mistakes ...


After being free from the nightmare of the possibility of having HIV/AIDS, I was still sexually active and having unprotected sex, mostly oral, but what I was worrying about was the people whom I had anal sex with. As far as I can remember, there were two bisexuals and 2 straight guys whom I had anal sex with, all of them were unprotected.


During the last quarter of year XXX, I had experienced frequent dizziness. I had a check-up with an internist and after having some lab tests, the doctor found out that I had high levels of bad cholesterol and trace of UTI. She prescribed some medicines including antibiotics. After two weeks, I had a lab test and the trace of UTI was gone, so I stopped taking antibiotics, but two weeks after, I  had trouble peeing, so I went back to my internist, and had a lab test again, and found out I had UTI. So she gave me different antibiotics for 2 weeks then the UTI was cured. I thought that will be the end of my problem, but until after taking the antibiotics, I started having sore throat & boils in different parts of my body, including my head. Although they appeared one at a time, they were still recurring boils. I took some antibiotics but they didn't work, until I had a second opinion in XXX hospital and the doctor prescribed me this medicine which is suited for MRSA (Methicillin -resistant Staphylococcus aureus) together with mupirocin. Luckily those medicines cured me after XXX of this year.


I was curious then why I had recurring boils. Again, I researched and found out that one major factor is a depressed immune system which is again common in people infected with HIV / AIDS.  I'm thinking of the possibility that I am actually infected, but then my boils healed.

Early this year, warts appeared on my right armpit, I do not know why I had them but the doctor said maybe I just got them during swimming or towels that I used ... So I needed to have them cautherized.


Last XXX of this year: our company had a little field trip. I was bitten by insects there, which lead me to have itchy skin on my legs, since they were the exposed parts to mosquitoes. They were treated after consulting a dermatologist, but when we went back to the same place after 2 months, my arms were bitten again by mosquitoes that I got this big itchy red bumps on my skin. That time I did not go to my derma since I already knew what to do. However, they became big itchy red bumps on my shoulders, and also pimple-like bumps on both my shoulders which were very itchy. The itch in my legs became rashes. I had these checked with different dermas, and I also used topical creams / ointments and took antibiotics because the diagnosis of the derma was acne, but it didn't cure them, still the itching and turned to pimple-like bumps on my shoulders. So I decided to do a research, and I had this feeling that I had scabies since the symptoms are the same as those pictures I found on the net that were almost identical to what was happening to my skin. So I went to the first derma that I have consulted with, and she said that scabies is one of the possibilities and she gave me some medications that I start just today, hopefully they will work for me.


According to my research, the adult scabies can be a sexually tansmitted disease. I do not know from whom I got infected and if I got it through sex, since the time they appeared on my skin coincided with the time I had oral sex then.

But the problem did not stop there. Last week, I started to have an episode of headaches accompanied by dizziness. I felt like throwing up. I took ZERC. I had a check up with an internist, and she gave me this medicine for the meantime that I should take before I go to sleep and it was actually for vertigo. I woke up too weak. That night I still went to work since I was on a night shift eventhough I wasn't feeling good.


I just wanna ask you Pozziepinoy, if you have experienced the same symptoms?Have you ever experienced these illnesses too ? I feel that I am already HIV positive now and my immune system is already weak that's why I am experiencing these. Actually I've also prepared myself to the possibility that I am positive, because I'm really sexually active and involved in unprotected sex. The last time I had unprotected sex was just last week with a straight guy before I experienced the terrible headache.

If I would take the test, is there a possibility that the place is near XXX wherein I can have the test confidentially? I'm thinking because in PGH it will take 2 weeks before I get the result and it's not that accessible for me, since I live in XXX, and PGH is only open during weekdays and is not so accessible as well since I work on weeknights and weekends are my only free days. The most convenient and accessible for me would be Alabang. Is there a center / hospital / hub there where I can get checked? How much is the HIV test? and can I get tested eventhough my last unprotected sex was last week or a month only?

And if ever I get a positive test result, are the ARV's the only meds that I am going to take or are there something else? Are they free? I am afraid that I could not afford them if they are not free as I am investing my money on something. Is there anyone who can assist me when I have the test? Who do I ask for help if I'm positive? Who can I talk to who can help me so that my illnesses won't get worse?

Can you text me at XXX if you ever replied to my e-mail?  I'm really looking forward for your response Pozziepinoy. And I hope u do not mind too so that I can have someone to talk to when I'm in need of help or advise? Please ... I hope this will not be a bother for you.

Sorry for my lengthy e-mail, I just would like to let you know what I went through all those years and hopefully you can answer all my questions, sorry for asking too much ... I am confused right now. I'm afraid, but I have prepared myself as well. I know that my family will push me away especially my dad when he finds out that I have HIV/AIDS. Please help me and give me advise: (


Superman



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012