Email 496: On Employment Abroad

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:57 AM

Hi,

First of all, i would like to tell you that your blog has been a very big help for me. I was able to read some information about HIV and was educated about it.

I used to work abroad when I was tested positive for HIV. I went back immediately here in the Phil. and now I am taking my ARV. 

I am now locally employed but would still want to go abroad given the chance. I guess my question is... what countries accept HIV+ OFWs? Is there a country where I could apply that does not require HIV testing?

Thanks in advance. 



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

I am glad that you are back here and on ARV treatment now. I am glad that somehow the blog has enlightened you about topics on HIV here in the country.

With regards to your concern, if you are applying from the Philippines, the POEA will require an aspiring OFW to take the HIV Test because the countries usually require it. Most countries will also require the test for immigration purposes. However only a few countries would not accept employment because of one's HIV status.  Arab nations and Singapore don't allow OFW's with HIV so don't apply there. The first world countries may ask during the interview some questions like who will shoulder your medical treatment while working in their countries as this may affect their health care system. What you can do is to co-ordinate with your treatment hub for proper guidance and paperworks.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: