Email 385: Are My Symptoms HIV Related??

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:24 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

Share ko lang un experience ask ko kung symptoms ng hiv.

1. nagpacheck up ako last feb 2013 kc may ubo ako grabe my pulmonologist doctor advice me to take antibiotics, spyrometry, and xray clear naman x ray naging ok naman after ilan days.

2. i got colds since feb. 2013 until now.

3. march nagpacheck up ako coz of sinusitis.


4. i got headache , back pain , wild dreams , im tired pag gising sa umaga.

5. na ospital ulit ako last month because of shortness of breathing pero clear naman ang xray ko.

6. i played basketball mountaineering hindi ko na magawa kc mabilis ako mapagod and i lose weight.

7. Lastly i got dryness of scalp and face extreme sya mahapdi sa mukha itchy at redness dont knw kung allergies or psoriasis.

Nagpaschedule ako on july 12 for hiv testing. im scared hindi ko alam gagawin if it turns out positive.

"Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is mess up your mind and steal your happiness."

 XXX


TRANSLATION:

Hi Pozziepinoy.

Let me share my experiences and want to ask if they are symptoms of HIV.

1.   I had a check up last Feb 2013 because I had cough. My pulmonologist adviced me to take antibiotics, spirometry and xray. Everything was ok and my Xray became ok after a few days.
2.   I have colds since Feb 2013 until now.
3.   I had a check up last March because of sinusitis.
4.   I have headaches, back pains, wild dreams. I am also feel tired in the morning when I’m up.
5.   Last month I was hospitalized again because of shortness of breath but my Xray was clear.
6.   I used to play basketball and mountaineering before but can’t do them now because I get tired easily and I lose weight.
7.   Lastly, I have dryness of scalp and face. They are extreme, painful in the face, itchy and with reness. I don’t know if they are allergies or psoriasis.

 I have a schedule on July 12 for HIV testing and I am scared and don’t know what to do if it turns out positive.

"Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is mess up your mind and steal your happiness."



POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing in detail your experience and what you are feeling with us. However, even though you mentioned all the symptoms that you are experiencing, you forgot to mention one vital information, which is if you =previously had unprotected sex or any other form of HIV transmission which has led you to suspect that you might have HIV because you had yourself scheduled for the test. However, let me give you information based on what you have given me.

First, even though you have symptoms, which you think maybe related to HIV and or AIDS , based, perhaps on your researches on the internet or books, still there is no way for anyone to know until you take the first step which is the HIV Test. All doctors will agree with me that if your breathing issues are recurring over a period of a few months, they will treat them at the same time will recommend an HIV test especially if you disclose to them your lifestyle. 

Let me share with you that I had two bouts of pneumonia happening within 4 months in between, before I was diagnosed with HIV. Like you I was physically fit but when I disclosed that I have a partner, the doctors recommended that I take the HIV test, just for differential diagnosis. The rest is history. The reason I mentioned this to you is that I had the same symptoms (except the pneumonia showed up in my Xray). However, like what I said, the doctor still recommended me to take the HIV test to finalize the diagnosis, while I was being treated with pneumonia medicines.

Let me reiterate that the HIV test alone will determine if you have HIV or not. Not all individuals will have the same symptoms as the genes (or immunizations) of the individual will determine which organ system is the weakest and will succumb to the weakened immune system brought about by HIV.

While waiting for your HIV Test schedule, seek consultation again with your pulmo and dermatologist and get treatment fast. Also, disclose your lifestyle to them (if you are comfortable) so they will know what next steps to take, and fast!

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: