Email 397: HIV Check Ups!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:16 PM

Hi!

I read your blog regarding the HIV check up at RITM Alabang but I'm still confused. I'm still a student, 22 years old and this will be my first time to have my check up. Is it gonna be free or if not, how much will I spend on the medical exams? Thank you so much! Cheers!


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

It wasn’t clear as to what kind of check up you were referring to, so let me discuss the two check ups there.

  1. If you are referring to the HIV test, in RITM Alabang, it is not free. Usually it costs around P500 and the confirmatory result comes after 2 weeks. If you want to get a FREE HIV test with the result coming out in only 2 hours, then you can opt to take it in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate.
  2. If you are referring to the check up once you are confirmed to be HIV positive, in RITM Alabang, everything is free. Just make sure to bring your HIV confirmatory result. You will be later be requested to submit your PhilHealth documents as this is required by the hub.
  3. Baseline medical/lab tests are free in RITM-ARG (Alabang). However, if the doctor suspects that you have other infections, the specific lab tests that will be prescribed won’t be free anymore.


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: