Email 393: Woman Needs Help!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:51 PM

Hello! 

I am 26 years old, a girl. and have diagnosed with hiv last nov. 2012. I was supposed to go abroad thats why i need a medical test. But unfortunately the result turned into a nightmare for me. When the nurse told me the result, i felt like im gonna die tomorrow and i didnt know what to do. So, i had to do the test again on the next day, so i went back to the clinic again, but sad thing its still a positive. So the nurse told me to comeback after 2weeks for confirmatory. But i didnt get the confirmatory result, up to now. The reason is that, i dont know what im going to do and i dont want it to tell my family and friends, never. Please i really need new friends who can understand my condition. Please help me, what shoul I do?  Thanks a lot

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your story with me and my readers.

I know it is hard to accept one's HIV status at the start. I know how it feels to be confused and worried. But the fact remains that you have it and avoiding to get your confirmatory delays the treatment process. PLHIV's succumb to AIDS related infections because of either late diagnosis or late treatment. In your case, the delay in getting the confirmatory result may correspond to delay in getting all the lab works, delay in getting your CD4 and or viral load, delay in identifying the presence of any infections.

Since you asked for help, let me then give you the steps that you need to take:

1. Go back to the clinic where you had your HIV test and get the confirmatory result.
2. Once you have it, plan to go to the nearest HIV/AIDS Treatment Hub. You can click the link below:

HIV/AIDS TREATMENT HUB

3. Finish all the labs and blood workout that will be prescribed by the HIV doctor.
4. Process your PhilHealth documents. These will be needed by the hubs.
5. Don't procrastinate anymore. Get treatment fast and follow what the doctor tells you to do.

I know that you are scared of your friends and family to know about your status. It will take time, trust me. However, the love and support of them will eventually give you the strength that you will be needing with your new HIV journey.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: