Email 394: PLHIV Coming Back Home!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:05 PM

Hello Pozzie,

I was diagnosed full blown 2009 , here in the USA , Im TNT and living under the city welfare. my Medical is being paid also by the city of New York ... Im planning to go back to Philippines .. My question  is the medication and check up are free also over there .??

Please let me know if I could continue my medication if  im coming home ..

Thank you in advance ..


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

I am glad that you are doing good and getting free treatment in the US. Now, since you are planning to come home to the Philippines, let me tell you that there is free consultation and free ARV's in all the HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs here in the country. However you need to take these simple steps in order for you to avail of these services.

1. Since you were diagnosed in the US, you need to retake the HIV test here in Philippines. This is a requirement in all the hubs here.
2. Make sure to get all your medical records in the US and present them to the hub doctors here. Also ask for a prescription of your current medicines from your doctor in the US and present it once you're here.
3. When you are here, make sure to enroll in PhilHealth insurance and be an individual contributor. The hubs will ask for these documents later on.

I forgot to mention that in most hubs, the lab tests, CD4 and Viral load tests are not free so make sure to prepare yourself for that. Also, not all ARV's that are prescribed in the US are available here. However, there are counterparts here that will work for you as well.

 I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: