Don't Be Scared!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:05 AM

So you got your result and it says your positive. You get confused. You blame yourself. You cry and hibernate. You feel like your life has come to an end.

Don't be scared! Like me, I've experienced the worst. I was sick before I got my result. I may think that I was already on my death bed. But I struggled to get out of the rut. I fought back. I was scared at first but I opted to think positive. I chose to survive and now, I am back to my previous life. I still have the virus but I am not allowing it to get me sick again.

Don't be scared. Treatment is around. There are HIV hubs which will help you out. The HIV meds are free. Doctors don't ask for professional fees. For the lab tests, PhilHealth will take care of it.

Don't be scared. Your loved ones will still be there for you. You don't have to disclose your status to everybody because that is your right. You just be responsible to your sex partners and that's about it. Your secret is safe.

Don't be scared. There are people around who can help you deal with the pain and the suffering. Your questions can be answered by fellow "pozzies" or positives who too are living with the virus. You are never alone.

Don't be scared. As long as you follow your doctor.. as long as you do your job in protecting yourself from infections... your life will go back to normal again.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: