Never Give Up!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:46 AM
I know it's hard. You just found out that you are HIV positive or your doctor just told you that you have AIDS. I feel your sadness and shock. I've been there before. I was bedridden. I also had feelings of regret, of anger. I was mad at myself. But look at me now. After 4 months of rest, I am back to work. I am functioning as a normal individual again. The reason for this is simple. I fought. I fought hard to regain my life back. I fought hard to be strong to face the reality and to heal myself. I fought hard, even though there were uncertainties, I believed in my doctors and the treatment.

I know it is a big challenge, but you can get through with it. The situation is just overwhelming but you can do it. I've talked to a lot of pozzies who had a hard time too at first but they are all functioning well now. You too can. The hardest is just the start... the acceptance. Once you are done dealing with it, you can move ahead and start to plan your medical treatment with your doctor. It is also becomes easy when you are on the ARV's already after a couple of months that you will feel that the medicines are just your regular vitamins. Then life goes on.

You can do it. We have done it. Just don't give up. Fight for health. Talking to someone eases up the burden. There are counsellors everywhere (I know someone who can talk to you anonymously). I know pozzies who can answer your questions. You can read the blogs about HIV/AIDS.

I know that you feel you are at the bottom of the well or at the end of the dark tunnel. All you have to do is to look up and look at the light. There is hope at the end of it. Just don't give up!




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund


Categories: