New Year, Second Life

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:27 AM

Yesterday was my 89th day of taking my ARV's and was the day that I went back to work. I was so excited, that I was trembling and sweaty when I entered the office. I couldn't believe that I was back.. I can't believe that I was there. I rubbed my eyes, almost pinched myself. I was back to circulation.

Days ago, I decided to live my life again. My support system was great but I have to stand up on my own now. I need to feel that I am no longer sick and that I have overpowered the virus within me. My long rest have empowered me with much knowledge and love that I know basically the things that I need to do and the things that I have to be careful about. With mental and physical preparedness, I am back to being a productive human being, a more loving partner and a more responsible individual. I am back.

Everybody who has my virus can revert back to his or her own life, like me. Just follow the simple rule: follow what your doctor says.

I learned a lot from my 4 months of rest. If you want to get well, don't be hardheaded. Don't get sick. Stick to adherence and have the habit of not being late. Take all your medicines on time. No excuses. Believe in the ARV's and think all the time that they are our lifeline. Monitor and report your condition no matter how small your symptom may be. Do whatever you can to finish your lab tests and get the results fast. Read and be informed about the do's and the don'ts. Help your body by sticking to the goal of being healthy by eating right and exercising.

I strengthened myself by preparing emotionally. Talk to people who have the virus too. Chat with them. There is a group of Filipino pozzies who can talk you out of self pity and remorse. Love more. Give love back especially to those people who loved you more while you were sick. Be generous to those who are needing. Appreciate life and enjoy the beauty of it.

I am living again. I started standing up on my own. I removed all my "crutches". I treat my AIDS as an ordinary disease now, like diabetes or hypertension. I am still on my journey and I am expecting more struggles later on, but life is not life without them. I want to face them all head on, without fear. This is my second life and I am ready!




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: