Be Accountable

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:15 PM
Tag and I had an argument yesterday which made me cry. I rarely cry because of my disease because I feel that I am strong. Well, I was wrong. We were talking about HIV and bluntly he was stressing the fact that I have it, that there is an increase in number of cases now and that I should try to inform those people that I had sexual encounters before to also take the test. For the first time, he asked me if I know the person that I get it from and I told him that I am guessing that I got it from a person who died last year because of complications. He told me that I should start telling people to take the test especially those I had sex with. I went to the bathroom and cried my heart out.

I was guilty. I was helping those who are sick and yet I am not helping those people that I had encounters before. I just don't know if I infected other people in the process. I should be accountable to those people that I have sex with too. I should tell them to take the test. I should tell them that HIV is spreading around like wild fire and we all should be careful with our sexual behaviors.

Tag came to my rescue and apologized. He told me that he thought it is not a sensitive issue anymore. I told him that it is still. But, he was right. I can still help other people, especially those who I had encounters with during my "wild" days to get tested. I think that is the least that I can do.

We all should now be accountable. We should start telling people to get tested. We got this dreaded virus from our wild sexual encounters, from unprotected sex. We should contact those we had contact with and tell them to get tested. I am guilty. I might have a lot of people that I had contact with during the time that I didn't know that I already had the virus. I just hope and pray that they are ok, healthwise, right now.

People are dying and getting sick so HIV stops with me! But it also, now our responsibility to tell our old sex partners to get tested so that they, too, should stop spreading the virus!