Email 16

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:05 PM

"Hi, I'm XXXX.

 I was just recently been tested positive. I have read your blog. It is a good thing that you are helping a lot of fellow pozzies. My CD4 count is just 438. If I'll have my way, I would prefer to start taking the ARV meds now. Anyway, I am just keeping my self healthy.

I was able to get in touch with other pozzies. Somehow, it is a good idea to help some fellows who needed help.

Let me tell you about the other pozzies that I talked to. XXX has stopped taking his ARV's. Yesterday, he visited RITM-ARG and told me he'll continue with his medication.

Another pozzie, XXX, whom I was able to talk to through XXX , has not done his CD4 testing when he was first diagnosed to be HIV positive last Feb. He's an ex-OFW who was sent back to the Philippines because of his condition. I was able to assist him and referred him to two other pozzies XXX and XXX. Good thing his CD4 count is still 600+. Now, he can focus on finding work so that he can afford his baseline tests.

It has been a rollercoaster ride for me this past weeks.

Thanks for reading my email :)"



POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY:


Hi XXX,


First of all, thanks for reading my blog and for sending me an email. I feel appreciated every time people read my blog. This is  a way of giving acknowledgement to what I am doing.

I am glad that your CD4 count is still high. Unfortunately the hubs won't prescribe you yet with the ARV's until your CD4 count becomes lower than 350 because they are free under the Global Fund unlike in the US where they would allow pozzies even higher than 500 to take them since their own insurance pays for their meds. Just keep yourself healthy and try not to get sick. 

It is nice to know that you are helping other pozzies too. Peer counseling is the best counseling for people living with HIV/AIDS so just keep it up. There are a lot of new pozzies who are really needing our guidance. Just keep on opening up your heart and find time to communicate with them.

It is good that you were able to convince XXX to take his ARV's again. I was there yesterday morning and maybe XXX saw me too. I am friends with all the staff there because I support their patients financially through The Love Fund and through PCSO. There were a lot of patients waiting by the sofas and I bet people there remembered me because the staff were all calling me by my first name and were all talking to me.

XXX, the one with the high CD4 count already emailed me because you gave him my email addy. This aftternoon, I replied to him and gave him my number and from then on, we already are texting. He was asking for financial support for his baseline tests since he is out of work. I already contacted RITM-ARG and my nurse friend said that he should not worry about the baseline tests yet because his CD4 count is still high but in case the doctor would require him to do all his baseline tests now even though his CD4 is still high, RITM will help mobilize The Love Fund for him upon my request. He told me that he will be going there this coming Thursday so I already told him to meet the nurse in charge of The Love Fund. I already contacted the nurse and she promised to assist him. The Love Fund is usually mobilized for a lot of patients and they screen them first. But since XXX has asked me personally, and there are available funds in TLF, it is best to provide him financial support as deemed necessary.

To you, I know your journey is just starting. Stay healthy and stay positive at all times.


Pozziepinoy


Categories: